Benefits Of Equine Massage
- Promotes healing by increasing the flow of nutrients to the muscles and carrying away excessive fluids and toxins.
- Reduces inflammation and swelling in joints, thereby alleviating pain, by improving circulation.
- Creates a positive effect on the contractual and release process of the muscles. Reduces spasms. When tension is released, muscle relax.
- Assists in balancing the body by treating the body as a whole rather than each individual part.
- Stimulates circulation by “defrosting frozen muscles” thereby releasing endorphins- natural pain killers. Improved circulation also increases the excretion of toxins through the skin.
There are different techniques here are 5: basic massage, trigger-point therapy, myofascial release, manual lymphatic drainage, and stretching can all help. Each horse is different that is why its important for your therapist to know which techniques will help your horse and how to implement them into a session.